Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday Update

Talked to my dad a few minutes ago and mom has had a couple of days that have been less than stellar. They have upped her pain medication today to stem the pain that seems to grow increasingly more severe. Of course, she never complains (a quality I obviously did not get from her) and she is always trying to encourage any one who calls or visits. She seems to grow weaker by the day and is taking longer to get ready for the day.

It is an odd thing this cancer. It is mean, vicious, and bent on destroying my mom's body. She is determined to not let it steal her humor and good spirits. The plan is for me to make it up there this weekend and relieve my dad and brother. Mom and dad both tell me they are missing me being around. My dad's college buddy who lost his wife to cancer two months ago has been visiting the last couple of days and is a great encouragement and help to my dad. I am thankful that dad has someone to talk to and confide in.

The girls have no games today and we are actually at home tonight. Yea! Big district games tomorrow in both volleyball and soccer. Should be fun.

Thanks so much for praying for my mom. I cannot thank you enough.

No comments: