Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday in KC

I flew to KC late yesterday afternoon and my brother picked me up and we headed to his house. His wife, Julie, had her kids and their clans over for some homemade pizza and it was all so very good. It was good to see all of them and to spend some time with them.

Arrived at my mom and dad's around 830p and mom was sitting up in her bed wanting to talk. She looks okay but I can tell a big difference in the last 10-12 days since I was here last. We talked for about an hour or so and then she headed to bed for a little while. She does not sleep well at night much lately and I heard them up quite a bit. I offered to help but dad is pretty determined to take care of mom (a fact that I am totally amazed by how well he cares for her).

She has not had a very good morning today. She has slept quite a bit after sitting up for about an hour and she does not look good or respond very clearly. She is always very sweet and smiling, but it is a pretty big change since I was here last.

I am going to get my dad out of the house some today and I will take care of mom. He needs a break and then he needs to get some sleep today. I have been dropping many not so subtle hints. I think he is hearing me.

As always, thanks so much for praying for my parents. It is obvious that many people are praying.

No comments: