Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday

It was 10-miler in the rain this morning and it was pretty refreshing. I am so thankful that we are getting some much needed rain in middle Tennessee. We are nearly 17 inches behind for the year and any rain is greatly appreciated.

Mom is hanging in. She seems to be growing weaker by the day and is getting to the point where she is not very capable of getting around easily. She has been using a walker and shuffling behind it but that is less and less each day. Thanks so much for praying for my mom and dad. Dad is an incredible man. He is such a model of a great husband "in sickness and in health". I cannot even begin to explain the many lessons he and mom continue to teach me. What an honor and blessing to have the parents that my brother and I have.

My brother and sister-in-law continue to be a huge help to my mom and dad and I am so thankful for them. It is hard to live 550 miles away from mom and dad but is comforting to know that James and Julie are close and so very helpful.

Shelbi and the volleyball team play tonight in the sectional. It is at DCA so we do not have to travel. We play Summertown and I know very little about them. If we win, it is on to state, and if we lose, it has been a wonderful season. Shelbi's picture was in the Tennessean yesterday and she is attempting to block a strong hitter. I have shared the pic above.

I head to San Diego early tomorrow but will do my best to blog the results of the volleyball match as quickly as I can.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad.

No comments: