Saturday, October 6, 2007

Blessings Saturday

I got to come up to KC yesterday and be with my mom, dad and brother and it has been a good time. Mom has really taken a down turn and sleeps most of the time. When she is awake, she is always very sweet and smiles all the time. She is regularly confused and then will be very clear for a few minutes and then back to sleep. It is a bittersweet time with most of the time just being very sweet. Dad and James are doing pretty well and I think I am doing okay.

James and I went to the funeral home yesterday and picked out the casket and vault and got a pretty good handle on what needs to be done. We thought it best to deal with these issues while we were not totally emotional. I really think the things we chose will be very honoring to mom and also meet her wishes for her service to be very modest. I commented that mom would like to have her funeral where she is not even mentioned at all. She is just that modest and wants no attention drawn to herself. I obviously did not get that from her.

Sondra the girls are having somewhat of a quiet weekend. Shelbi is involved with the jv district tournament this morning but the others are playing it low at home.

I am very thankful that I am here with mom and dad and James. We jokingly call my parents' dog, Scuffy, the 3rd brother and he is very protective in a good way of my mom. I gave him a bath this am just because he stunk.

We so appreciate your prayers and concern. I do not believe mom will be here much longer but we have had some really good conversations about her going on to heaven. We are all cool with that. I will try my best to keep you updated through the blog. You guys are great in supporting us and we so appreciate it.

No comments: