Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Morphination

Mom is now on oral morphine and it appears to be taking care of the pain. This whole pain management thing is a tricky thing it seems. In my mind, the switch to morphine is a switch to a more critical step in the dying process. Mom continues to be upbeat and pretty quick in her thinking but it is obvious that the morphine is slowing her mental processes and her memory is not as good. All common experiences with morphine the way I understand it.

Both Shelbi and Morgan won their district games last night. Volleyball won in 3 games and soccer beat David Lipscomb 5-0 which I have to tell you is quite a surprise that we got them by that many. Our girls came out ready to play, beat them to the ball, and generally played really well. Morgan got to start and is really playing very strong right now at defender. Pretty fun to watch both of the girls play. Now they need to play well tomorrow night as well with district games on the schedule.

I got a 5-miler in today after running 11 yesterday with a mile trial run at 6:23 which really surprised me. I was going back by the track at Vandy to catch up with my buddies who were running a speed workout and just jumped on and started running. A couple of NROTC students were running and I guess I got suckered in.

I head to KC early Fri. to stay the weekend and give my dad and brother a break. I look forward to seeing them and spending some time with my mom. We really appreciate your prayers. Thanks so much.

No comments: