Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chicago

Had a nice run in a preserve just east of downtown about 20 miles in Hoffman Estates area of Chicago. Saw a few deer, very few people, and the weather was in the mid-40s and sort of sunny. Ended up running about 9 miles and that was enough. From the smoky San Diego area and the plane rides I have been fortunate enough to catch a head cold. I hate those things. They just make me cranky and feel pretty rotten.

Mom had a fair day yesterday but not really too good. A good day is being redefined just about every day with her failing health. She is extremely restless and only sleeps for a couple of hours at a time and then wants to move around. Of course, she cannot move around by herself so my dad is up alot too. I am headed over on Friday night.

Volleyball state tournament gets under way today with DCA playing Page @ 430p at Blackman High School in Murfreesboro. We play tomorrow at 1030a and 130p and depending how these three matches comes out, we may be playing on Fri. in the semis and if all goes well, the finals on Fri. afternoon. We had the team over last night for lasagna and other assorted goodies and I got in from Chicago about the time they were all leaving. Hated to miss it. They are a fun bunch of girls.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad.

No comments: