Thursday, October 4, 2007

Up and Down

And . . . so it goes with my mom. She had a good morning and is now having a bad afternoon. The pain is really difficult to manage and it seems that will be the nature of it for the next few days. I talked to my dad about an hour ago and he said that mom slept decently last night but he sounded tired. His mode is to sleep when mom is sleeping and then be up when she is, whenever that is. I leave early tomorrow to go up and relieve him a little, as much as he will let me.

I am sitting in the gym right now waiting on the jv to begin their match against Ezell and then the varsity plays. We are undefeated in the district and Ezell has one loss. If we win, we have district outright and if we lose, we will both be tied for first.

It appears we might get some rain today but I am not holding my breath. I do not think it is really much of a chance. Soccer plays at 6p at Goodpasture and it is pretty much a must win for us for district tournament seeding purposes. We really want to be in the opposite bracket of FRA. They are just really strong.

Thanks for praying for mom. It is pretty tough right now.

No comments: