Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pain, Pain Go Away

The title of this blog is a play off of "rain, rain, go away", but is pretty indicative of what mom is going through right now. They upped her meds last night and then it was not enough. She had a pretty bad night and the hospice nurse came back during the night and the dr. made the decision to start morphine. It just seems like all of this is escalating so quickly. It is obvious that the tumor in her brain is growing and very active. I talked to mom this morning and she did not complain but did say the sensation was unlike anything she had ever felt before.

I am scheduled to fly to KC Fri. and may have to go sooner if things continue to progress like they are. It is just amazing how quickly things seem to be changing. I woke up many times during the night praying for mom and knew that something was up with her. I guess God was letting me know that mom needed prayer during the night.

Both of the girls play tonight and I will update how they come out. Both are very big matches. I am still managing to get some work done even though at times it is difficult to fully engage with the work. My boss and company are great and are very supportive of me being away if needed. That is a great blessing.

No comments: