Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More Up than Down Right Now

I called to talk to my dad today and ended up talking to my mom for a few minutes. She seems to be doing okay right now since the last scare on Monday afternoon. Her vital signs have been good since then and I am headed up there tomorrow. This whole cancer thing is just a weird cycle. I have quit trying to figure it out or to speculate what will happen with mom next. God seems to be teaching me to just take one step at a time, deal with that and help my dad see the big picture of what is going on. He is so "on the ground" with mom on all of this that at times it is hard for him to step and see what we need to be thinking about and planning for. He is open to my brother and I doing that though so that makes it a little easier.

I ran 5 this morning after running 5 late yesterday afternoon and hope to run 10 in the morning before I head to KC. My running is still happening but I am not logging more than 5-6/day typically.


Today I completed 15 years at LifeWay. It has been a great place to work most of the time and right now is very, very good. My boss, Joe, is really wonderful and has been so understanding with all the stuff that is going on with my mom. When I started at LifeWay, Morgan was about 10 months old. Now she is almost 16. Time really does go in a hurry.


Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. I know that I do not get the chance to thank each of you personally, (I hope to be able to do that), but please know how much I and the rest of my family appreciate your prayers, concerns, thoughts and many expressions of care towards us during this time. Each of you is a strong blessing to us.

No comments: