Sunday, April 13, 2008

Masters Weekend

I took Friday off, worked on the garage door, added memory to the home computer, watched the Masters, ate dinner with some good friends on Friday night, watched the Masters, ran 10 miles, took a nap, watched the Masters, went to church, watched the Masters, mowed the grass, watched the Masters, fixed a toilet, watched the Masters and even am catching some of the Red Sox/Yankees game.

I head to Tampa tomorrow, from Tampa to Jacksonville on Tues and home from Jacksonville on Thursday. Doing a couple of resources fairs, catching up with some youth ministers, and hoping to get a couple of good runs in. I thought about taking my clubs with me (they have not been used since September) but have decided against it this time.

Hoping to get to play some golf next week if the weather holds. Oh, I almost forgot, did some shopping yesterday and got a couple of shirts and a couple of pair of pants. I needed the pants badly. My "slacks" were pretty worn and frayed so it was good to replace them. Even used some cash from my dad I got for Christmas, so . . . thanks for the pants dad.

Speaking of dad, he has decided to put his house up for sale and see what happens. He is planning on moving back to Independence closer to where my brother lives and where my aunt lives. I think it is a pretty good move for him. I know he must be lonely and getting closer to family just sounds like a good plan to me.

Remember Sondra's parents. Her father starts the oral chemo soon, once they figure the insurance stuff out. We sure appreciate your prayers for them.

How about Trevor Immelman winning the Masters wire to wire? Pretty amazing feat. I was pulling for Nashvillian Brandt Snedeker who ended up in third. And Tiger? . . . who played very average for him and finished second. Pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for a great lesson this week in Sunday School. It was really encouraging and seemed to line up exactly with what God was speaking to us. We really appreciate you.
Also, I had a little bit of that "tough conversation" we were talking about yesterday. Not sure how much of it sunk in though. Oh well! Keep praying :)
Denise