Friday, April 4, 2008

California Update

Well, the sun is shining and the temp is pretty good out here. I went for an 8-miler this morning that included a run up Mt. Roubideaux. I really do not know the significance of this mountain, but it proved to be a pretty good workout. I am in Riverside this weekend after staying in Anaheim, teaching in La Puente, and now catching up on email and work in Riverside.

Thankfully there is a Panera that I can capture the free wireless. It really chaps me that Marriott wants to charge me $9 to use the internet. The hotel is actually pretty nice, but it took four calls and two trips to the front desk to get my tv remote to work. They did put me in a double queen suite yesterday since the only thing that had available in king was an accessible room. I just did not want to take that room in case someone who needs accessibility needed it. I just saw the irony in no remote and not needing an accessible room. I can be pretty spoiled I guess. The breakfast buffet was really good with fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. And the Starbuck's coffee was pretty good too.

I guess I am ready for the Final Four. I am going to have to scramble to see both games since I teach most of the day tomorrow and have to drive back to Anaheim for the hotel. I am amongst many UCLA fans out here. They have a formidable foe in Memphis for sure. Memphis is playing really well right now and it would be a bummer for UCLA to make the Final Four three years in a row and walk out empty handed again.

Still pulling for NC over KU. Always a Tar Heel is my motto. Long live Dean Smith and Roy Williams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul, great having both girls at Crash. Hope they enjoyed it and were able to draw nearer to God through the weekend.

I can pull for NC over KU with ya ;]