Thursday, April 17, 2008

JAX to Home

I am sitting in the JAX airport taking advantage of free wireless. Makes me wonder why all airports cannot offer free wireless. Greed I guess keeps them from it. Anyway, the resource fair went very well today. The best one yet that I have done anyway. Met some really great Florida youth pastors who long for the day that ministry is about students and parents and not just trying to keep the program machine running. Very refreshing group to be around for sure.

I am headed home and ready to get there. I did another 5-miler today on the "track" that was made up of parking lots, sidewalks, and pretty much non-traffic. It consisted of 3 loops but at least I got the mileage in and did not have to dodge cars.

Sondra's dad started oral chemo today and it will happen twice per day. One in the am and one in the pm with meals which should help the stomach issues he had the last time. Please pray that the side effects will be minimal and the chemo will attack the cancer in his liver.

Sondra's mom ended up back at the dr. with bronchitis. If ain't one thing it is another. I would not have blogged "ain't" if my mom were still here on earth. It is the English teacher that always came out in me.

I hear we are having mid-70s weather in Nashville. Ready to get into that for sure. It will be a busy weekend so I may not blog for a couple of days. Sorry to put those three of you that read this on hold, but you will just have to wait. ;-}

And . . . I am ready to go out and play golf again. It has been since mid-September. Too long.

No comments: