Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ahhh . . . Hawaii

It took longer than expected to get here yesterday with a 3 hour delay in DFW. I got to Hawaii about 6p last night, headed to my place of temporary residence, unpacked some, headed to Chili's for an overpriced meal and then headed to bed. The five hour time difference is a challenge to say the least but I slept pretty well and was up a little before 5a making calls to the east coast. The work day is almost over by the time you get up over here and I know folks think I am avoiding their email and phone calls. Not true. They will get their answers on Thurs. since they are already in their in boxes.

I got some work done today and pretty much took it easy. Tomorrow I hope to make it to the North Shore and then Fri/Sat will both be busy work days. I board a plane Sat. at 430p to head home. Quick trip for such a long way to come but I want to be back home for Shelbi's baccelaurate service at 2p Sunday.

Been catching up with my friend Patrick out here. Good ministry buddy and he has scheduled me to meet with his youth leadership tomorrow night over dessert. Should be fun.

Sondra's dad is not taking chemo right now due to bad rashes. Pray that will subside. Sondra will be with her parents tomorrow which will be good. Thanks for praying for us and them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, brother. How is Hawaii? Hope the ministry is as good as the weather and all the pictures of that beautiful state ;]