Friday, April 25, 2008

Ahhh . . . The Weekend

I am glad that Friday has arrived, I am home for the weekend, and I have no major plans for the next couple of days. It was a busy week, but a good one. My meetings in Florida went really well and it was good to connect with many of some of my best friends in ministry.

I just finished the latest issue of LOST and have to tell you that it was really, pretty good. I like the whole time warp, continuum kind of stuff that seems to be happening. Pretty good writing. Now Ben is just a real creep to allow his daughter to be killed. What a weasel!

I plan on doing a 10-miler in the morning. The Country Music Marathon starts at 7a tomorrow and they are calling for rain and fairly warm temps. If it is not raining too hard I may find my way down there to cheer some folks on. We will see. I did go to the expo today and caught up with some folks from the Nashville Striders, our local running club, and it was good to see many of them.

I am looking forward to just resting this weekend. I am here until Tuesday morning and then I head to Hawaii for a series of meetings and then fly home leaving Saturday afternoon and back home Sunday morning. Sounds exciting and it will be, but that is a long trip for such a short time.

My dad visited with Sondra's parents today on his way down to Branson for mission training as part of the mission trip his church will make this summer. Sondra's dad was in very good spirits. A little week, but dad was encouraged to see them doing so well. Thanks for praying for them.

No comments: