Sunday, April 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

I finished at Cal Baptist yesterday and drove to Anaheim, watched the games, and then slept poorly last night so I could get up and fly to Vegas today. I got to worship with a good friend, Tony Forehand, who is a former trustee of LifeWay and the brother-in-law of my pastor. Tony started a church in Vegas two and a half years ago and they are doing great.

(Special note to the Cal Baptist class from yesterday - the experiment worked and they passed with flying colors.) I also have to say that the group of people I had the privilege of spending the day with yesterday at Cal Baptist was such a great group to be with. Thank you guys for a good day.

I am in Vegas the rest of the day today and tomorrow and then take a red-eye home late tomorrow night. I really think I am getting too old for red-eyes but I have a meeting, actually two, on Tuesday that I need to attend. One is for work and the other is a board meeting at DCA where our daughters attend.

I have a lunch meeting tomorrow and then a resource fair from 6-8p tomorrow night. Most of the folks could not meet during the day so we moved it to the evening. It is NCAA championship time so we will see how many we get. I am looking forward to meeting with them and then heading home. I am past ready to see my wife and daughters.

I did make it to the pool for about an hour today. Hope I did not cook myself.

No comments: