Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday, Monday

The weekend finished pretty well with some folks coming over to celebrate Morgan's birthday on Sat. evening. We had been to Sakura for some good japanese cuisine and then home for cake and football and fellowship of course.

New England looks really good and I think Jacksonville had the best shot a beating them of any of the teams left. Yesterday's games were interesting to say the least. Payton could not figure out the Charger defense in the last quarter and the Cowboys loss was not totally unexpected to me. Romo should not get all the blame for the loss regardless if he went to Mexico last weekend with Jessica Simpson. I though TOs crying response taking up for Romo was over the top but what do I know.

A happy birthday to my buddy, Shelby Baucum, who celebrated his birthday yesterday. I tried to call you at home and your machine cut me off but I did leave you greetings on your cell phone. Hope your birthday was good. (Those of you who do not know Shelby are missing one of God's great treasures. Shelby has impacted my life in many ways for the last 20 years. He is struggling with some health issues, so please pray for Shelby.)

The girls play at Harpeth Hall tonight. We lost to them in OT the first game of the season, so tonight will be another good test for us.

I went with a couple of guys from our SS class yesterday afternoon and saw I Am Legend. It was pretty interesting. I thought Will Smith did a pretty good job.

I ran 5 this morning and it is feeling like winter around here now. I guess it should since it is mid-January.

No comments: