Saturday, January 12, 2008

As the World Turns

Or something like that. I am not a soap opera guy at all but must confess I did watch some when I was in college. Erica Kane and then Luke and Laura captured my attention and one semester I made sure my class schedule did not conflict with those shows. With TiVo and heck! even a vcr things are sure different. I was in college a long time ago.

Our girls played pretty poorly last night and lost to a pretty good Station Camp team. They beat us by 15 but they are not that much better than us. We really just did not execute well at all. We also ate a late dinner after the boys' game and got in bed around 1130p which is late for a guy like me.

I was up and running by 7a today and ran 14 from our house to and on the greenway and back and then we headed for a quick Panera run, stop at Home Depot for some caulk, and then to get my hairs cut. It was busy. Also bought a couple of cd towers that needed to be assembled and got them loaded with Shelbi's help. Shel and I watched the Vandy/KY game as we worked and Vandy blew it big time if you ask me. They freaked in the 2OT and got their first loss of the year.

My brother called to tell me that my cousin, Bobby, was found dead today in his home. He had lived a pretty tough life in his 48 years and it is a sad story. It looks like his years of substance abuse caught up with him. It sure is a sad situation. I may be headed up the middle of the week for his funeral.

Sondra's dad got some results back on a CT contrast he did earlier in the week and it appears there is something in his liver and in at least a couple of lymph nodes in his abdomen. He has a history of cancer and there will be a biopsy this next week and a course of action planned. I would appreciate you praying for Bernard and Joyce Holmes, my in-laws.

It looks like it might be our turn again. I was hoping for a little longer lag time, but know that we will continue keeping on. Thanks for praying.

No comments: