Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Football, Physical and Nashville Airport

Yesterday was a good day of football as Missouri wore out Arkansas and proved once again that they were cheated out of a BCS game. Now if Kansas gets killed tomorrow, my bitterness over the MU snub will subside. UT got a pretty good win and Michigan beating Florida was really sweet. I know Justin Heap is glad to know that Coach Carr went out a winner at Michigan.

I had my annual physical this morning and other than losing some chest hair (EKG sensors that have to be crazy glued to my chest evidently), all seems normal. I weighed exactly the same and my ekg even looked better this year than last. All the checks and balances seem to be in the good range and the pokes and prods all proved good. My doctor once again told me to just keep doing what I am doing.

I spent a few extra hours in the airport today since the flight to Baltimore was delayed by 3 hours before we finally got off the ground and to this cold place. It was cold in Nashville too so cold is cold where ever you find yourself. I did run 5 this morning and it was pretty darn cold.

I have a meeting in the DC area in the morning and then I head home mid-afternoon. Looks as though 2008 is going to be a good one. Although, Morgan woke up this morning with a stomach ache and blew a little. Seems to be better tonight. And, on another note, dad seems to be doing pretty good. I know that he misses mom but he is handling pretty well right now. Thanks again for praying for my dad.

2 comments:

Steve Elkins said...

Paul,
Glad to hear that everything came out OK following your check-up! Keep doing what your doing Buddy, a lot of people want you around for a very long time!
Steve

Unknown said...

Go Big Blue! And how about Mizzou!? That's who...

Wow. What a week for some football.

And our Titans! Man, craziness.

I am missing me some Paul Turner. Hope 2008 has been good to you thus far ;-)