Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Winter Running

Monday morning's run was pretty cold. I think it was mid-teens but the sun was shining and the wind was not too bad. Today's run on the other hand was mid-30s, rainy and windy and I did not want to complete the 12 miles that was on the schedule - but, I did. Glad it is over.

Remember to pray for the Burgess family. Rick is part of the Rick and Bubba duo radio show and he and his wife Sherry lost their youngest son Bronner to an accident at their home on Sat. night. The memorial service is today at 2p at Shades Mountain Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL. For more information you can click here www.rickandbubba.com

Our girls play at home tonight against district foe Portland. Needs to be a win and I will be on the microphone to keep me from yelling from the stands.

We are still waiting to hear the results from the biopsy on Sondra's dad. Please continue to pray for my in-laws, Bernard and Joyce Holmes. Should hear something mid-week at the latest.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Glad to hear the weather has gotten a little better for you. They are saying 50's here by Sunday - that should put me in the mood for a good, long run on Saturday. Keep up that announcing...the Pro-basketball team we get to fill the Sprint Center will need one!