Friday, January 18, 2008

Crunch Time

Crunch time can mean a lot of things, but right now it means I need to finish a writing project dealing with leadership. I enjoy writing, but it can be taxing as well. I really need to hit a deadline this next week so I may disappear from the blogosphere for a few days.

Before that, let me catch you up on what is happening and is to happen. Yesterday was a month since mom passed away and I find it really odd that life just really goes on. I guess I knew that it would, but my perspective on things has changed some. (I will save that for another blog entry.)

The girls play Greenbriar tonight at their place and then I have a 16-miler scheduled for the morning. It is supposed to be pretty cold so I may head to the YMCA and do some of that run on the treadmill. Not an exciting proposition but running in the cold that long can get weird for me. Sunday we are having a birthday party for Morgan and it looks like half of DCA will be there. Sixteen is a pretty big birthday though, so you do what you have to do. I hope to catch some of the football games too and get my writing done. It will be a busy weekend.

There will be a memorial service for my cousin, Bobby on Sat. at 1p in Kansas City. I am not going to make it for this one. I regret that in some ways but it is just not feasible. Please remember his wife and daughter and pray that all goes well at the service tomorrow. It is a sad time for all of us really. Bobby just could never get past his use of drugs and alcohol.

No comments: