Monday, March 3, 2008

Back to Nashville

It has been a good weekend with the conference on Friday and Saturday in Columbia, MO. Lyle Witcher is the state guy in MO that I work with and he is like a breath of fresh air. He has a real heart for ministering to youth ministers and loves his job. As we talked this weekend, we discovered that his sister and my wife were big buds in college and Sondra even sang in Leeanne's wedding. For some reason I did not attend the wedding. Hmmm.

Got to spend time with my dad Sat. night and Sunday and even preached at his church yesterday morning. Dad really seems to be doing pretty good. I know he gets lonely. He told me on Sat. that Sunday nights are his hardest times so I was glad to be with him last night.

The weather here was in the 70s Sat and Sun and then last night a cold front pushed through and dropped it to about 30 outside now. They were supposed to get snow but thankfully that did not materialize and I was able to make it to the airport this morning with no problems. I am sitting at the gate enjoying the free wi-fi and board here in about 30 minutes. I have meetings most of the day when I get back to Nashville and am looking forward to being home tonight.

I begin a really crazy travel schedule this week and will try to keep you informed as I go if you happen to keep up with the blog.

On a prayer note, please pray for my good buddy Steve's mom, Sandy. She is struggling with depression right now and needs our prayers. It was a bonus this weekend to spend some time with Steve and his wife, Stephanie. Steve is like a brother to me and he is dad of Stephen that I have asked you pray for on the cancer scare. Things are looking real good there and it appears that there is no cancer. They are scheduled to check out his heart murmur in about a week. Continue to pray for Steve and his family.

Looking forward to a great week.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Mom's doing well; her spirits were high tonight. We stayed and talked for about 2 hours. She's doing a lot of group communication right now; see's her own Psychiatrist tomorrow...thanks for the prayers.