Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Florida

I left Des Moines early Sunday, had lunch with Sondra in Nashville and then boarded a plane for Orlando. We are partnering with Universal Studios to provide training for Rock the Universe in Sept. and paired up with Jay Strack to be involved with his Youth Pastor Summit on Monday and Tuesday this week. It was great to hear some good speakers (Francis Chan, John Eldredge, Brent Crowe, and Ed Young, Jr.) and I got a little platform time to talk about our KNOWN strategy and our partnership with Rock the Universe. I also did a breakout yesterday on What Students Wish We Knew with our strategy at the heart of the presentation. It was great to meet some new friends in ministry and see some folks I have known a long time.

Sondra flew in Monday night and we have been hanging out some and especially today. No worries and no work today. Monday night I headed to the Blue Man Group show comped by Universal as part of their wooing us. Sondra flew in later so missed the show but we headed back to Universal for the fireworks show. Yesterday afternoon it was hitting both parks after a full day of teaching and exhibiting but our friend Todd, Universal employee got us to the front of the rides in both parks. Saved much time and got to ride what we wanted without the wait. I am officially spoiled. Did dinner at Margaritaville on Citywalk and then back to some friends' house who are letting us house sit for them and saving us and LifeWay lots of lodging money. Very cool.

I am writing later today and tomorrow and sending it to my editor no later than Sat. night complete. Syble if you are reading, hold me to it.

No comments: