Friday, March 7, 2008

Rain is Coming

I am still in Baltimore (area) and the meetings and presentations I had yesterday went very well. It is good to among youth/student leaders who love God and students and their families.

I also got to have dinner with one of my former students who is living in the DC area. Jonathan is a great guy who is involved with the Naval Credit Union and does something in the credit card fraud prevention division. He explained it to me and I sort of understand what he does. We enjoyed a good meal together and then headed in to DC for me to see the WW2 memorial for the first time. It was a pretty nice night, plenty of school tours going on, and we even took a drive down The Mall and saw all the major sites.

DC is a beautiful city and a huge sense of American pride wells up inside of me every time I am in DC. This morning I took a run that was supposed to be about 8 miles but I overshot my car on the way back and ended up doing about 10. It was a good thing the crossing guard lady was so nice or I might be still trying to find my car. It is the first real time I have gotten sort of lost running. I knew the general area that I was in, but those of you who know me, know that I like to talk and I was talking with some other runners and completely ran past my car. Oh well.

I am writing today (trying to finish this book on leadership) and then speak tonight and tomorrow morning. I will update the blog some time on Sunday I am sure.

Remember to pray for Sondra's mom and dad, Joyce and Bernard and I will try to get an update from them and report to you. Also, my friend Steve's mom is home from the hospital. Yea! Answer to prayer.

The rain is coming to the area and I am hoping to stay dry. Also, pray for our oldest daughter, Shelbi and 72 of her classmates as they are on a bus headed to New York City for their sr. trip.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

That's awesome! I've never been to DC...really want to make a trip out there soon. Have a good stay! We'll be praying for Shelbi and the other kids on their Sr. Trip; I'm sure they'll have a fantastic time!