Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Things I Wonder About Sometimes

This may be a little more contemplative than my usual posts for sure. At times there are things that run through my mind that just have to get out. The last couple of months have been pretty busy and I have found myself really thinking about some things in life that really matter.

I know it may go without saying but the last few months with mom's illness and death have made me realize just how thankful I am for so many people in my life. I really do think that my dad is the greatest man I know. I have thought that for many years but these last few months, he has just been amazing. His reliance on God throughout all of mom's sickness and death and in the months since mom died, he has just modeled trust in God.

Sondra, Shelbi and Morgan are just amazing ladies in my life. Sondra is so incredible in her walk and in her love for God. She is now walking through some really tough times with her mom and dad's physical frailties, and I really hope I can be the rock she has been for me. Shelbi and Morgan just bring us so much joy and to think that God allows us the opportunity to be their parents is pretty overwhelming.

My brother and his wife are a great encouragement to me and their walk and faith have increased exponentially over the last couple of years. What a huge blessing they are in my life.

My in-laws are some of the most precious people I know. Their walk has been such a strong encouragement to me and to countless others who have been blessed through their hospitality, teaching, conferences, preaching, and bible study groups. Only God knows just how many people they have blessed through their obedience to God. Please continue to pray for my in-laws, Joyce and Bernard. Pray for their physical health and for their emotional strength.

I am a blessed man. I have to admit that God is stretching me, challenging me, and causing me to rely on Him more than I can ever remember. What a blessing to know that God loves me and wants the best for me. My prayer is that I will not try to keep Him to myself.

No comments: