Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Homeward Bound

Not the sappy movie that had the two dogs and a cat trying to find their way back home, but me finally headed towards home and my lovely wife and two daughters. It has been almost a week since I left, but it seems longer than that. The trip has been most effective and the meetings all went well and I met some really great folks who love students and want them to become like Christ. What a privilege it is for me to be able to encourage them and provide tools to help them help others. I really do have a great role in the Kingdom right now.

But I am a husband and a dad and then an encourager of others in that order. And . . . it is time to go home. I leave again Fri. and come home Sunday and then Sunday afternoon head to FL where
Sondra will meet me on Monday. I am working a couple of days in FL and then playing for the next few days. It will be fun.

I am about to get on a plane here in Richmond so will need to cut this short. Pray for my father-in-law, who is feeling really well, and pray for my mother-in-law too. They are such wonderful people and I am praying that God will heal their bodies. I know He can and just waiting to see how He will choose to do it.

I will let you know how it goes. Pray for me also as I am leading the youth conversation at our church tomorrow night and looking forward to being with our home church kids. They are a great group.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

I'm glad you are home buddy! I hope Shelbi and her classmates had a great time in New York!