Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday, Monday

A quick update from yesterday . . . hopped a plane in Nashville and was a little late leaving due to fog but got to KC in time for dad to pick me up and drop me off to stay with mom while he went on to preach at church.

Mom is doing pretty well today. She did not sleep too well last night but that may be because she slept most of the day yesterday. She has eaten pretty well and sat up most of the day. The hospice nurse came in and checked her vitals and they were all pretty good. The nurse told me she was pretty surprised that mom was still here and doing fairly well.

Dad is tired but pretty good. It seems to ease his mind some when either James or I am here. He is such a remarkable man in taking care of mom. Mom and I had a little incident today where she was convinced that I was lost and that she had lost me. It was pretty scary for her but only lasted about 10 minutes and then she realized that I was okay (and not a little kid), but I told her that I would have been upset if she thought she lost me and then was not upset over losing me. We both had a good laugh.

The girls play basketball tonight and I hate to miss the game but it is one of those that we should win pretty easily. We shall see.

Dad gave his dog a haircut today and I told it looked pretty good for a blind guy cutting his hair and then I gave the dog a bath. He was due for both.

Thanks for praying for my parents. Pray for Sondra and the girls as they drive this way tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to them getting here. I really miss them.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. We appreciate it so much.

No comments: