Saturday, November 17, 2007

Celebrity Trip

This was one of those trips this week that I kept seeing seemingly famous people. It does not happen much, but I loaded up this trip. I am not one that gets star struck. They are really just people who have to put their pants on one leg at a time. All that to say . . . I respect all people and do not get enamored by much of anyone. When I met Billy Graham a few years ago and talked with him, I was pretty much awe stricken because I just really respect and admire him. On this trip however, I saw Lyle Lovett on Weds. in the OKC airport, sat next to Barry Switzer on the regional jet from OKC to DFW, and then met Toby Keith and most of his band in Dallas and Nashville. All of them were very nice and each of them initiated a conversation. Nice to know that some people who get in the spotlight are actually pretty nice.

Mom is doing fairly well. It is really surprising the way she has been the last few days. I am thankful. I head up tomorrow morning and Sondra and the girls come that way on Tues and we all head back home late Thanksgiving day. The girls' basketball game has been moved to 12noon on Friday since our football team and plays at 7p at York.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad.

No comments: