Monday, November 12, 2007

Mom's Hanging In Pretty Well

I talked to my dad this morning and mom seems to be holding her own right now. He stepped to the back bedroom this morning and when he came back around, mom had gotten out of her hospital bed and made her way to the couch. It is probably 6-8 feet, but she has done little to no mobility on her own for quite some time. Dad reminded her that it would be best if she let him know BEFORE she decided to do that again. She is getting a little more confused on names as well, calling my dad, Gene, which is my mom's brother who passed away 20 years ago.

I seem to think that mom is trying to hold on until Thanksgiving, but what do I know. About the time you rule her out, she goes on a little jaunt on her own. Thanks so much for praying for my parents. I am so grateful to each of you.

Our girls' basketball season begins tomorrow night. Glad it is here and then it will end all too soon with this being Shelbi's senior year. Just going to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: