Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Oklahoma

I traveled to Oklahoma today to be involved in a youth ministry meeting that begins in the morning and runs through Saturday. A cold front pushed through this afternoon and the wind is blowing. It is Oklahoma though so I guess the wind is no surprise.

I talked to my cousin this morning who sat with mom today and mom seems to be doing fairly okay right now. Dad had gone out to get his haircut and pick up some lunch and generally just get out of the house for a couple of hours. I am so thankful for my cousin Barb sitting with my mom and giving dad a little break. My brother usually sits with mom on Weds. evenings so dad can go speak at the church. I am assuming the same will happen tonight.

I am planning on going to MO early Sun. morning. It will be almost two weeks since I have been there. Self-imposed guilt for not getting there this week but with work travel and needing to just be at home a little with my own family is my excuse.

Our oldest was accepted to Union University in Jackson, TN for college next year. I really think that is where she will end up and she is now talking about nursing with the strong missions bent still moving forward. The nursing part is a little bit of a surprise but the missions emphasis is where she has been all along. It all sounds good to Sondra and me.

Thanks for praying for mom and dad. We appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oklahoma?!? no wait...nursing!?!? haha...wow, those are both surprises. am i a bad student pastor for not knowing that shelbi was interested in nursing? haha.

have a great week and weekend, paul.