Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Slow and Steady

Sometimes I envy the snail and the turtle. They both seem to go at it pretty consistently, albeit, slowly. Heading into the Christmas season, I am really going to try and adopt this slow and steady mantra. There are about a hundred things I can fill my calendar up with, but I am choosing to not do that.

Some things I am going to do -
  • enjoy my family
  • rest a little
  • encourage people
  • read
  • contact some people I have not talked to lately
  • spend as much time with my mom as I can
  • be thankful
The list could be much longer, but I am not filling up my list either.

Mom seems to be slowly deteriorating in some key areas. She is really struggling right now with the whole thinking process. Many things just do not compute for her. She is sleeping much more, but continues to eat decently. Please pray for my dad, Charles. He is beginning to really feel the strain of mom's process of dying. He is so good with her. It is really amazing to see him care for my mom.

On another note, our jv team won last night and our varsity team lost an ugly one. There are many things that went wrong and I will leave it at that.

Thanks for praying for mom and dad.

No comments: