Monday, November 26, 2007

No Whiners Needed

Not since 1960, has Missouri been ranked #1 in football. It may only last this week, although I think they have a good chance of beating OU in the Big 12 Championship on Sat. What I do not get is all the whining going on around Division 1 football. LSU lost twice and coulda/shoulda lost a couple of other times. Ohio State has the luxury of not having to play any more football until a bowl since there is not championship game in the Big 10. West Virginia could go down to Pitt. Mizzou beat a pretty good KU football team. The best sign at The Border War this past Sat. said, "KU football: A tradition since September".

I am glad it is some different teams at the top. I am thankful Notre Dame is still out is Siberia somewhere. And . . . I am enjoying Mizzou being on top even if it is short-lived. It's been before I was born since they have done very well and I am an old guy. Stop whining and relish the fact that the Denver Broncos lost a heart-breaker. You do not hear me whining about the Titans and the Chiefs being terrible. It's all football and thankfully no one lost their life.

Now, on to important things. My mom is doing fair today. Hospice has decided to come in 3 days/week now and today told my dad that they had seen marked difference in her and that her body now seems to be retaining fluids which does not bode well for potential pneumonia and other lung related maladies. We know that mom does not have much longer on earth, but I can tell you that we are thankful for her and her life. Thanks so much for praying for my mom and dad. I am truly grateful to each of you for praying. (I am including a picture of mom and our daughters to remind you what the lady looks like you are praying for.)

2 comments:

Steve Elkins said...

Paul,
What a great display of God-strength that your mom has! I am blessed to have known such a wonderful women and proud to call her my "2nd Mom"! I hope your Thanksgiving was memorable with her; your dad, James, and his family and you and your family are constantly in my prayers! God bless you, my brother!
Steve

pturner63 said...

Thanks Steve. I am glad to see that you are now blogging as well and I will keep up with you and Stephanie and the rest of the family a little better.