Thursday, November 29, 2007

And So It Goes . . .

Last night we attended the McGavock Choral fall show at McGavock High School here in Nashville. One of my best buds in the whole world, Mitch Fuller, is the choral director there and he leads the students to do two shows a year. Last night's show was really refreshing. They sang a bunch of old 70s tunes plus some more current stuff. Mitch has them signing, dancing, running and jumping all over the place. He is very good at getting the best out of kids he works with. I was entertained and blessed. He always does a gospel run in the middle somewhere and last night's was no exception.

Mom seems to deteriorate more and more each day. She told my dad again today that she is so very tired. She has rallied some before, but it really does seem that we are entering her "home going" stretch. To be honest, I am very sad about mom's condition, but am ready for her to go on as she sees fit to do so. She does not seem to be in much pain, but is so very tired. I fly up Sat. afternoon and will be there until Monday am.

A co-worker here is soon to deliver her first at age 40. All is going well and I was talking to her today and mentioned that it is just interesting how my mom is on her way out of this temporal life and my co-worker's little is just coming on the scene. My mom has lived a wonderful, godly life and has modeled what it means to live for Christ. I am so very blessed. My dad continues to model for me what it means to serve with love. What a blessing. Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. It means so very much to me.

1 comment:

lindaa said...

The weather's going to be tricky tomorrow. I'll be praying for your safety and for your weekend with your mom.