Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going Well and Thank You Veterans

The class at NOBTS finished very well yesterday and I headed to Deanie's for a shrimp po-boy for lunch and then drove through the Quarter and then headed to the airport. Ran into a friend of mine who is the preaching prof at NOBTS and enjoyed catching up with him.

Made it home on time and headed to some friends house for home made pizza. They do a good job. We tried to watch some football but never really got to interested. KU-OSU were on and KU is really a pretty good team. Florida and South Carolina were playing and I really can't stand FL and do not care for Spurrier at all so was not interested in that game. I was pulling for FL to lose but that did not happen. I am looking forward to being around home today after church. First Sunday at home in a long time it seems.

Mom seems to be sleeping much more and generally deteriorating. I am going to try and get back up there late next weekend I guess. I am out of town this week on business and the girls have a couple of ballgames this week and next and am really struggling what all to do. I would ask that you pray for me to have wisdom about what to do.

Thanks so much for praying for my mom and dad. And . . . be sure to honor those who have served our country so well through the Armed Forces. I am very grateful for those of you who are veterans. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

No comments: