Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

It has been a good year. To say that we have been blessed once again would be an understatement. It was different with mom being diagnosed with breast cancer this past Spring but now being cancer free, it truly is a miracle.

The girls have grown and matured. We started the year with our oldest just tearing her ACL and going through all of the surgery and rehab, but she is doing well. Our youngest will be 15 in less than two weeks and she will have her driver's permit. Hard to believe.

My wife continues to put up with me and is simply incredible. Work has been good for me even though my position was deleted but another one was created that fits my skills, talents and desires well.

It has been a good year.

I did preach today at our home church and it went pretty well. We have two morning services so it makes for a full morning. I am still trying to fight off this cold or whatever it is and so far seem to be sort of winning the battle.

We went to an early dinner at P.F. Chang's with some friends and it was good food and a good time with them. We have a get together with our Sunday School class tonight and ring in the new year. Should be fun. I hope to do a little sleeping in tomorrow and watch some football. And . . . I am pulling for the Chiefs. The Broncos are currently losing to the 49ers, so even though it would mean the Chiefs backing in to the playoffs, it would still be the playoffs.
Update - Denver loses at home to the lowly 49ers and the Chiefs are in and are headed to Indy. Go Chiefs!

No comments: