Monday, December 18, 2006

A Day Off in Missouri

Today was our first full day in Missouri on our Christmas vacation and it was a pretty good one too. I got up around 730a (late for me) and ran a 6 miler through Bolivar and into Dunnegan Park. I went to college here so it is always kind of fun to get back here and see some old sites and of course, visit the in-laws.

The in-laws are doing well. I spent some time working on a couple of computers that my father-in-law owns and trying to get them cleaned up a little bit. He has wireless in his house so that works great for me. The girls and I went up to the university and shot around for a little over an hour. I played them 2 on 1 and they wore me out. It was the first time I have gone down in defeat legitimately to them. They put a whipping on me. They missed very little and kept the floor spread so I was running crazy and they were not missing much. It was a historic day. They beat their dad soundly.

More family are coming later tonight from Tulsa, so it will be pretty busy and loud tomorrow. It will be great to have all of us together. We play hard and laugh a lot.
I am not sure where I found this picture but seems to be a good reminder especially to the cooks during the Christmas season.

No comments: