Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Detroit and Back

I left for Detroit this morning very early and spent some time meeting and planning for some work to happen in 2007. It was pretty cold and wet and thankfully not too snowy. Middle Tennessee State is playing in the Motor City Bowl tonight so there were many MTSU fans on the plane. Met a nice couple who were going up to the game. They were both alumni and were excited about MTSU's first, real Division 1 bowl game.

I also made it to Apocalypto which was actually pretty good. The reviews have been that it is a blood fest but I really thought it was done pretty well. I would recommend you go see it if you are interested in the Mayan culture at all. It was very entertaining and thought-provoking.

Caught an earlier flight back on stand by which was really good. Got me home a couple of hours early. I am off the rest of the week and the girls have a tournament starting Thursday. Unfortunately, my wife has to go back to work tomorrow.

I forgot to mention - On Christmas night we went to the Christ Cathedral in downtown Nashville for midnight mass. It was very traditional as you might expect, and was very meaningful. The music was beautiful.

Looking forward to some more time off.

No comments: