Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cats Win


Well, we got a win today over Christian Heritage out of Dalton, GA. We played with much more intensity and finished some shots and many girls got to play. To be honest, I think the girls we played have played better games but they had a hard time getting a shot to fall. We ended up winning by about 40. Our youngest got in today and took one good shot and one ugly one but had a couple of steals.

I am finishing up a sermon that I am preaching tomorrow at our church related to Time. Seems appropriate with the end of the year tomorrow. I am comparing and contrasting how we see time as going and God sees it as coming. Colossians 3:1-4 is the text. I am planning on making it pretty interactive during the service so it may catch some folks off guard. As long as they walk away with something to hold on to and make a difference in how they live, we will have accomplished the purpose. Too many sermons are just informative. That is good but is not enough. I will try and let you know how it goes.

I ran 10 today and feel as though I am now trying to come down with a cold. Our youngest, Miss Funkalot lately, seems to be sharing her cold. I am trying to vitamin c and decongestant myself out of the cold. We will see.

Cheer for the Titans and the Chiefs tomorrow. Both are extremely long shots for the playoffs. Both have been surprising. Titans much better than anyone expected and the Chiefs very disappointing.

No comments: