Saturday, March 10, 2007

Savannah

I made it to Savannah yesterday morning after a slight delay in the rebooked flight they put me on from Thursday night. It was good to get here. The hotel stay on Thurs. night was a little less than desirable and the bed was pretty rough. My back still hurts today.

The conference I am here for and leading is going really well. I am doing a DiscipleNow for a good friend and really enjoying it. The students that are at this church seem to be a great group of students and I am really impressed with the adult leaders here. Joel is very good at relationships and administration and it is once again playing out well.

I was to meet with a group of youth ministers here yesterday morning but when my flight got cancelled, there went the meeting. I have touched base with all of them and did most of what I was happening to do face-to-face over the phone. Not nearly as good but still better than nothing.

We are about 45 minutes away from Hilton Head which our family loves. Unfortunately, it does not look like I will get to make it over there on this trip. Bummer. It is a great place to visit and run. Golf is good there too.

Carolina looks like they will win today against BC and get in to the ACC final. I will be pulling for them.

No comments: