Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good Ball/ Tough Loss

I was glad that Carolina went on the run that they did against USC. I have to admit that I was not sure they were going to pull it off after watching the first half. USC was much quicker and Carolina just seemed to really not be engaged. It was good to see them pull it off.
Now, the Georgetown win was pretty suspect. While true that Vandy should not have surrendered the big lead they had, when a walk is a walk, step up and call it. One of the reasons I cannot stand the NBA anymore is because everyone walks and it is seldom called. The non-call last night was really bad in my opinion. Granted, I may not be truly objective since Vandy is a Nashville team, but it sure looked like a bad walk that Gordon got away with.

Beautiful weekend in the mountains of western North Carolina where I find myself yesterday and today. If all goes well, I will get home tonight around 10p with a chance to see our daughters and sleep in my own bed.

I am enjoying meeting with about 200 adult leaders at Ridgecrest who brought their students out here to enjoy a short retreat. These adults are real heroes carrying students for 3-10 drive for them to have a retreat experience. I love adults who sacrifice for students and for students who are thankful for adults who care about them.

No comments: