Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Pretty Nice Weather

Yesterday and today have been great weather wise here in middle Tennessee. The mornings have been pretty good for running, in fact, I did some speed work yesterday and it pretty much wore me out. Sure is sad how quickly it goes away.

I spoke to our middle school and high school students at DCA today and really found them to be pretty fun. The majority of the students are really interested in knowing how to live differently than the rest of culture, but like most others find themselves being pulled in many different directions. I just spent some time trying to help them realize that we settle for way less than we have to and we choose the easy way out too many times.

I went by the funeral home today to visit Kelly Harned (whose wife passed away on Monday) and it was pretty tough. Kelly is one of the kindest, most honest guys I know and it just hurt to see him hurting so much. I visited with Debbie's sister Julie who goes to church with us and was encouraged by her strength and demeanor. Remember the Harned's in your prayers if you would.

My mom got a good report today with all good blood counts and no elevated stuff that should not be elevated. (I am good with medical terms.) Got to speak with my brother and dad too so that was a bonus.

I head to Savannah tomorrow for a conference and training. Looking forward to some continued warm weather and meeting up with a good friend Joel and his family. Our girls head out late in the weekend to New Orleans and DC. One is mudding out some Katrina homes and the other is taking in the history and sites of DC. Sondra and I will have a little time at home by ourselves. Hope we will remember how to act.

No comments: