Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Break

I remember when I used to get a spring break. It was many years ago, but now jobs and commitments keep me from the annual spring pilgrimage to the beach or just laying around the house. Our girls are enjoying sunny south Florida while my wife and I toil away at home. Yesterday after work, I headed home to mow the lawn and treat the yard for moles and grubs. We have had a mole or an entire herd of moles making some kind of subway system complete with hubs and feeders from outlying areas in our yard. We will see if we have accomplished defeating the moles within a few days.

We were supposed to get some rain yesterday and this morning too but so far it has only sprinkled and leaves me to think that all the frantic work to get the stuff on the yard yesterday before the rain, may have been panic on my part for no reason.

The MTSU girls went down in flames last night against Marist. Hard to believe that Marist has now knocked off two pretty good teams to make it to another round of the Women's NCAA tournament. Still pulling for Vandy and Tennessee and I think they both play tonight.

We had some friends over for dinner last night and our friend Hannah is facing some pretty serious surgery on April 5. It involves more than I understand but it does include the neck and spinal column, so I know it is serious. They are a great couple and it was fun to eat and laugh with them last night.
I missed 24 last night but it is TiVo'd so I am sure I can find some time to squeeze it in tonight and see if Jack Bauer lives to see another day. When last I saw, he was fighting Russians and Iranians. What a guy, that Jack Bauer.

No comments: