Friday, March 2, 2007

Quite A Week

I left Sunday to go to Texas for a series of meetings that took me to Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, and Houston. It was a very good week. The meetings went really well and I met some great folks in my line of work. The weather was warm and I got to run everyday even with the travel so that is always good.

Yesterday, flying back into Nashville was interesting. It was pretty stormy, but flying through the storms and vectoring around the worst ones, was pretty fascinating. As scary as the clouds looked, they were still beautiful and powerful.

I am saddened by the number of people killed in the storms yesterday and the 8 killed in the high school in Alabama hits me the hardest. Having a couple of teenagers in our home and working with the students that I do, it is just hard at times to understand how the young are taken.

I am also thankful that Anna Nicole has finally been laid to rest. I blogged about her earlier and see no over all great value that she brought to America or the world as a whole, but do know that she was a mother, daughter, ex-wife, girlfriend and that those lives have been affected. Hopefully people will actually let that whole story rest. Unfortunately they probably won't because of the money tied to her name. We are a weird, sick society.

No comments: