Friday, March 30, 2007

Feeling Old

This is sort of weird but I am feeling older today because one of our best friends is turning 40 today. Christy and Mitch have been good friends of ours for 16 or 17 years and Christy is the youngest by three and a half years or so. I guess in my mind, with her still being in her 30s, I did not feel so old now closer to 45 than I am to 40.
I also have picked up my mileage some this week and run 42 miles already with still tomorrow to go. Not only am I feeling old, but really tired as well.

It has been great to have everyone back home this week after our many travels. The other night we were sitting around the dinner table and just laughing and having a good time. Our girls are really a lot of fun to be around. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

I get to mulch and do yard work this weekend. I am excited out of my mind. I did get the yard mowed last night and was thankful for the rain that we got on Weds. Now if we can get the weeds to die and the grass to grow, we will have accomplished something. Looking forward to a good weekend at home.
Should be some good basketball on this weekend too. Between the guys and the girls I need to get my college basketball fix, because after Tuesday, it is gone until November.

No comments: