Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Update

Mom seems to be just sort of hanging in these days. She is eating less and less, responding little and really moving towards that home going. Dad seems to be hanging in okay and my cousin is staying the night tonight so that dad gets a good night's sleep. My brother stayed last night and mom is sleeping alot now, but it is good for dad not to have to worry about mom's every little move in the night.

Tomorrow is my last day in the office for the year. I have too many days of vacation left and will lose about three days but can carry 5 days into the new year.

I ran a 10-miler this morning in the rain by myself since my regular running buds decided not to run in the rain I guess. I did meet a homeless man named Joe today and had a great conversation with him for about 10 minutes. He asked nothing of me and it was time well spent for me. He had a life story that is very interesting and has been hanging out at the Y in the mornings. Hope to see him again tomorrow.

Our annual runner's Christmas breakfast is tomorrow morning and we go to Pancake Pantry, enjoy the food and one another's company. One of our running buddies, Ron Kramer is in for the event (he lives in Florida now) and I saw him on the Vandy campus today. I stopped the car, got out and hugged his neck and we caught up for a few minutes. It will be a fun morning.

Thanks so much for praying for mom. It really does seem as though she is heading into her final days. Pray for her and my dad. They are just incredible people and I am a blessed son.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

definitely still praying for your parents.

as for joe. very cool. hope you do see him again tomorrow...

Steve Elkins said...

Man, I still struggle with anything over 7 miles by myself - I guess I just have a hard time keeping myself entertained! Glad to hear that you guys get together frequently - it makes for a stong committment to each other...lasting friendships! Good running, Buddy!