Monday, December 3, 2007

Back to Nashville

Had a pretty good weekend with my mom this weekend. She was fairly alert when I arrived mid-afternoon on Sat. and then was up most of the evening talking about alot of things. She actually was pretty funny and at the same time, we talked about some pretty major things. She is about ready for heaven she said. In fact, she edited herself and said she was ready at any time. We talked about some of her family members who have passed and how ready she was to see her dad again who died in 1968. What a blessing it was to spend the time talking with her.

I am headed back to Nashville sitting in the Kansas City airport. It is going to be a very busy week with many of our state partners in town. Many meetings, meals and good conversations. I am thankful for the people who represent work in our state conventions and am glad to call them not only partners and co-workers, but friends as well.

The girls have a couple of games each this week and this is their last full week of the semester with tests coming up next week. There is still alot to be done before the holidays hit full steam but I am looking forward to a little time off.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. Mom is really up and down right now. Sat. was good, Sun., not so good and when I left early this am she was just sort of hanging around.

No comments: