Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Morning

We are in the process of getting ready for church this morning and most of the rain missed us yesterday but we do have a little snow/sleet falling outside but looks like we will dodge the big stuff.

Our girls teams split yesterday with the jv playing really flat and only scoring 6 points the entire game. It was pretty ugly. Our varsity girls got an ugly win against a pretty good FRA team that did not play as well yesterday either. We won by 2 in OT but were glad to get the win. We shot poorly from the free throw line or we would have won in regulation by about 10. A win is a win and our girls did not give up and that is always good to see.

Mom sleeps most of the time, eats little to nothing and is pretty much uncommunicative. I head up in the morning and am looking forward to seeing them. I have been away for two weeks which is a long time considering how much time I have spend in KC.

Thanks so much for praying for my parents. Pray especially for my mom to have continued peace her last few days on this earth. Pray for my dad who is really sad these days (and understandably so). He is just the greatest man I know and the way he is caring for my mother is just unprecedented. What a picture of grace and service.

No comments: