Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Grace and Peace

Two words for the day. I got up and did a 5-miler and then came back, cleaned up and then all of us headed to the funeral home to see mom. God's peace was present like I have never felt before. My dad, brother and I were just amazed by God's grace. The funeral home did a good job with mom's body and with all that she has gone through the past few months, they did a remarkable job.

Lunch was provided by mom's school and it was good and plentiful. We must have greeted over 300 people at the church tonight and it was fun to see people I had not seen for 30 years or more and to be around some of mom's former students, friends and people who love my mom so much.

What a blessing my mom has been to so many. What a privilege for me to have been born to the parents that I have. My parents' good friend, Tom Hunter, arrived this afternoon and will be doing the main part of the service. He recently lost his wife to cancer and is such a strong blessing and friend to my dad.

Thanks to so many that have prayed. Special thanks to Dan Borsos who flew up to be here tonight to support me. Dan is a good friend of ours from Nashville and came over today to support me and the rest of us.

I will post on Friday but thanks so much for praying for us and the service and burial tomorrow. Pray for traveling mercies as we go to Gallatin, MO to bury mom. Thanks so much also for the many expressions of support and prayer via email, text messages, phone calls, etc.

No comments: