Saturday, December 1, 2007

Going a Few Miles

It is Saturday night and MU is currently behind OU but I am pulling for Mizzou to come through. Only Ohio State fans could want them backing into the BCS championship game.

We were in Alcoa last night for the football semi-finals and DCA came in second but had a great season. I would have never predicted that DCA would make it to the state semi-finals this year. I was really proud of them. We lost 38-0 to a really good Alcoa team. They are the three time defending state champions and will probably win again this year against Goodpasture. Goodpasture has lost two years in a row to them in the state championship.

We drove back this morning after spending the night with some friends in Maryville and then I caught a flight to KC to be with mom and dad. Mom has had three really bad days but today seems to be doing fairly well. She is sitting in the chair next to me while I write this. What a blessing for me to have her sitting here. I know these times together will be few.

Thanks so much for praying for my mom and dad. We are thankful for every few hours or minutes that mom is fairly coherent. What an amazing lady.

No comments: