Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday is for Work

Before I update you on Saturday's work, let me tell you about Fri. night ballgames. Our varsity girls' team won pretty big and Morgan had a great slide during the game. She was going for a loose ball, got hit by her own player and ended up sliding on her hip and shoulder for about 15 feet. It was great and really pretty funny. We won by about 30 I think and our jv played quite a bit.

This morning started out with a 5-miler in the mist that made for a pretty decent rain. It is in the high 50s - mid 60s today so it was pretty nice. Went to watch Shelbi and one of her friends coach their 4th/5th grade girls basketball team and then headed home to work getting the leaves up in the yard. It was raining some but I had to get it done so I raked them all up and then mowed the lawn in the rain. Weird, I know, but it really was the only time I have had to do it. The yard looks good with the new grass in now and the leaves up and gone.

Mom is doing pretty good today and I even talked to her on the phone and she was pretty clear. They are getting some really cold weather in KC right now. My brother and sister-in-law are staying at my parents tonight to help with any potential challenges due to called for ice and possibly snow.

Our varsity girls played CPA today and beat them by 14. It was a really good win for us. CPA is a pretty good team so it was good to pull away down the stretch and we went 16 of 17 from the free throw line. That has never been done by us before.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad.

No comments: