Saturday, July 19, 2008

Headed Home

What a great two weeks at Glorieta with one of the best FUGE teams I have ever been around. I get to come in, train adults and hang out with FUGE staffers who give 7-8 weeks of their summer to minister to hundreds of kids each week. It has been tiring and refreshing at the same time. I figured that I have been home 14 hours in the last three weeks so it is time to head home. I really enjoyed a few days with my dad out here last week and then Shelbi came out Tues - Fri of this week. I am a blessed guy.

We do a big soire' for Shelbi's 18th tonight. Some friends of us are allowing us to use their pool to host a bunch of Shel's friends from high school. We were going to use our pool, but it takes too long for me to blow it up. (Old joke, but a good one still.)

My flight is delayed out of ABQ this morning but I did get on an earlier flight out of Chicago to Nashville. It seems that those flights from ORD to BNA are always running late so we will see how it goes today.

I am looking forward to seeing Sondra. What an amazing woman she is. I do not think any major home crises came up while I was gone this time. There were a few minor things but no major issues she made me aware of.

Morgan starts soccer practice on Monday from 7-9a so her summer is basically over. They have a new coach this year so we will see how all of that works out. Should be exciting.

Looking forward to being back with our sunday school class in the morning too. Seems like forever since I was with them last. I think I missed three Sundays. Should be good times.

How about this picture of me when I was probably 12 or so. Nice shirt and I still have the cow lick I just wear my hair a lot shorter and my hair is a lot more gray these days as well.

No comments: